A Sudden Spring Challenge Day 4
Whew, one more difficult day is finished. I was working really hard on my homework today and got really tired. Tomorrow is even more important than today, but I hope I’ll be fine. So, today I:
* Have done my Latin homework (I was doing it from 6:40 to 9:35 pm, it's almost three hours, now I'm totally worn out)
* Read 20 chapters of "Gargantua and Pantagruel" (And I'm going to read more before going to bed)
* Revised some of my knowledge of Spanish
* Have done my БЖД homework (I hope one day we will all learn how to say it in English)
* Played Sims 4!!! I created 102b and our English teachers, built two class rooms, a kitchen, a bath, a gym, a living room and now I’m building rooms for everyone, but there’s a problem: I don’t know to place us in rooms, like what pairs or trios to create (yeah, a big problem)
+ Watched some "Lie to me"
+ Watched couple of videos on EllenTube about the TV show called "Killing Eve" (it’s great, by the way)
So, there was a video with Sandra Oh (who is also known as a character in Grey’s Anatomy) and a video with a rising star Jodie Comer. I want to tell you a bit about the second one - she is amazing. She has a strong Liverpool accent and it was so interesting to listen to her pronouncing simple words in a different way, like "brother" with a strong "o" sound. Also I heard a familiar phrase from "The Phantom Tollbooth" - “a mouthful of”.
So, new words (not so many):
- From Lie to me:
Confide - доверять
Sue - подавать иск
Compel - принуждать
Infiltrate - проникать
Sleeper - агент разведки, "крот"
Intervene - вмешиваться
Inflict - наносить
Deposition - показание под присягой
To frame - подстроить ложное обвинение
Steer - руководить
- From Ellen Show:
Touch wood (British) - said in order to prevent a confident statement from bringing bad luck.
Good night ;)